LUN ROAD SERIES: A well-made, reliable, and, most importantly, safe piece of equipment should be accessible to the masses, best lightweight wheels for climbing and that is the main idea behind the Lun Road series.
45MM DISC BRAKE WHEEL SET - 30mm, 45mm, or 60mm tall zero-coating rim with 19mm internal rim width, 25mm brake track width and upto 28mm width at the widest point (depending on rim depth).
TUBELESS TYRES: The lack of pinch flats and the improved rolling resistance are great features. The Lun rims are designed to be as easy to set up tubeless as possible. You will never have to worry about air or rim tape leaking through spoke holes since there are no spoke holes in the rim bed. Using a high-quality tubeless tire such as the Schwalbe Pro One TLETM, installation is easy and the tire can usually be seated with a regular floor pump and minimal effort. With a 19mm wide internal rim bed (25mm external width at the brake track), the rims are equipped with and optimized for the latest generation of performance road tires. The reinforced carbon hooks ensure a wide range of compatibility with tubeless tires from most manufacturers. Our rims are 100% compatible with traditional clincher tires and tubes.
TRICKLE-DOWN TECH: The Lun Road series share most of their hub internals with the Lun HYPER wheels. The heart of the hub is a 17mm oversized axle and oversized 6803 and 6903 bearings. This keeps the hub stiff and light while minimizing friction on the bearings resulting in more of your energy being used to make your bike go faster, longer, lighter. By default, the Lun Road series come with robust precision manufactured stainless steel bearings, but ceramic bearings are available as an optional upgrade.
ZERO-COATING RIMS: Our Lun Road series of road bike wheelset rims are coating-free. The carbon you see is as it came out of the mold. We could talk about how this saves us up to 20g per rim, but we'll be honest - we think the best thing is that it just looks cool.
TYRE COMPATIBILTY: Disc Brake wheel set is Compatible with regular clincher tires with innertubes, tubeless-ready tires from leading manufacturers. When using tubeless tires do not exceed 100psi for riding. (Up to 120psi may be required to initially seat the tire) 100psi is plenty for road tubeless. Tire pressures should decrease as sizes increase. EG: 30mm tire no more than 85psi, 35mm tire no more than 60psi, 40-45mm tire no more than 40psi.
- 30mm, 45mm, or 60mm tall zero-coating rim with 19mm internal rim width, 25mm brake track width and up to 28mm width at the widest point (depending on rim depth).
- Tubeless-ready hooked rim bead-seat supports tubeless tires from 23-45mm. Tested with Schwalbe Pro One, Continental GP5000 TL. Also supports traditional clinchers.
- High-temperature resistant, high-friction textured braking surface on rim brake versions.
- Pillar aero spokes fitted as standard. Combination of Pillar 1420 and 1432 depending on Drive/Non-Drive Side.
- Aerodynamic profile for decreased air resistance.
- Rear wheel: 2:1 spoke lacing on rear wheels. 24 spokes.
- Front wheel: 2:1 spoke lacing on disc brake wheels, 21 spokes. Radial lacing on rim brake wheels, 18 spokes.
- Bespoke engineered WinSpace hubs.
- Over-sized 17mm central axles.
- Supplied with standard Shimano compatible 11s freewheel body.
- SRAM XDR Driver, Campagnolo driver also available upon request.
- 6803 and 6903 Precision stainless steel bearings.
- Compatibility: Disc brake versions compatible with F:12x100 R:12x142 thru-axles
- Compatible with regular clincher tires with innertubes.
- Compatible with tubeless-ready tires from leading manufacturers.
- When using tubeless tires do not exceed 100psi for riding. (Upto 120psi may be required to initially seat the tire) 100psi is plenty for road tubeless.
- Tire pressures should decrease as sizes increase. EG: 30mm tire no more than 85psi, 35mm tire no more than 60psi, 40-45mm tire no more than 40psi.
- The system limit (Rider + bike + luggage, etc.) is 120kg. However, riders above 90kgs should regularly inspect their wheels or get a qualified bike mechanic to do so.
- Rim Brake versions: Wheels, QR Skewers, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders, Brake Pads.
- Disc Brake versions: Wheels, Tubeless Valves, Valve Extenders.
- Valve extenders not required and not supplied with 30mm rims